How To Avoid Varicose VeinsFor many people, varicose veins are simply a cosmetic concern. For others, varicose veins can cause aching pain and discomfort. And the condition could signal a higher risk of circulatory problems.Varicose veins affect up to 60 percent of all Americans, women more than men; older women more than younger. Treatment may involve self-help measures, or procedures by your doctor to close or remove these veins.
The American Institute of Preventive Medicine offers these suggestions to help prevent them from forming:
- Don't cross your legs when sitting.
- Exercise regularly. Walking is a good choice. It improves leg and vein strength.
- Keep your weight down.
- Avoid standing for prolonged periods. If your job or hobby requires you to stand, shift your weight from one leg to the other every few minutes.
- Wear elastic support stockings.
- Don't wear clothing or undergarments that are tight or constrict your waist, groin or legs.
- Eat high-fiber foods such as bran cereals, whole grain breads and fresh fruits and vegetables to promote regularity. Constipation contributes to varicose veins.
- Elevate your legs when resting.
- Stop and take short walks at least every 45 minutes when taking long car rides.
Fast & Free Shipping
Orders received before 2 PM usually ship same day. Orders over $50 ship free!
Our friendly, knowledgeable customer service representatives can help you find the perfect fit
Not happy with the style, fit or color? Returns are simple and easy
Low Price Guarantee
Found it for a lower price? We'll beat it by 5%